Queensland small businesses can now apply for grants up to $5,000 to pay for expert business advice under the Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program.
The program provides funding for businesses to engage a consultant, advisor or business coach for up to 3 months to help establish or develop a business.
To be eligible to apply, a business must have:
- an ABN
- fewer than 20 employees
- Queensland headquarters.
Successful applicants must also be able to:
- contribute at least half the cost of the project (grants are provided on the basis of matched funding)
- pay for their project up front (grants are provided as reimbursement).
The advice must fall under 1 or more of the following areas:
- business and strategic planning
- professional business advice (eg IT, legal or financial)
- marketing strategy development (eg branding strategies, social media/digital strategies, market research).
Grants are available in the range $1,000–$5,000.
See the TIQ website for more information on business grants.