As the world starts to re-emerge from lockdown, now is the time for Queensland SMEs to apply for a Go Global grant to help take their products overseas.
Queensland businesses have until 29 May to apply to Go Global, a TIQ program that provides export-ready small and medium-sized businesses with financial support to enter a new international market.
Two levels of project funding are available:
- Micro Export Grants up to $5,000 (excluding GST)
- Macro Export Grants up to $25,000 (excluding GST).
Grants are available to support projects that improve your ability to export goods/services or engage in international trade. Eligible projects may include:
- export business advisory services and tools
- product testing and redesign, packaging and labelling for export
- support to gain export accreditation
- trial export programs (eg logistics)
- product approvals, installation, training, operations and maintenance required for a new client/market
- professional advice.
Grants are not available for everyday business operations, and other conditions also apply.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be headquartered in Queensland
- have no more than 200 full-time equivalent employees
- have a specific project requiring funding to finalise a sale into a new international market that can be completed within 12 months
- be pre-qualified by TIQ as export-ready (although you do not need to be currently exporting)
- be able to match the Go Global contribution with cash contributions sourced internally or from investors, customers or business partners (not other grant sources).
This application round will close at 1.00pm on 29 May 2020.
For more information on the program, contact your local TIQ team.
Supporting Queensland exporters is a priority under the Queensland Trade and Investment Strategy 2017–2022.
You can learn more about the support available to exporters affected by the COVID-19 pandemic on our TIQ industry recovery package page.