Queensland’s world-class mining technology and innovation will be on show when five Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) companies head to Latin America to take part in a major mining exhibition from 9 May to 11 May in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The Arminera trade show is an ideal opportunity for local METS companies to put their products and services in front of international mining professionals.
Arminera attracts the main players from the global mining sector for three days of exhibits, which includes the latest technological developments in machinery, tools, accessories, services and logistics.
Queensland’s METS companies have already secured over $4 million in export deals into Latin America this financial year thanks to assistance from Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ), the government’s global business agency.
TIQ is working hard to find new opportunities and partners for Queensland METS companies, which have been hit by the slowdown in the global mining industry. Recent reforms and new policies aimed at attracting increased foreign investment to Argentina means there are now many new opportunities for Queensland METS companies.
Queensland companies have extensive experience meeting the varied and complex needs of our own resource industry so they are well positioned to help Argentina realise the potential of its mining industry.
TIQ has also arranged a networking event that will put Queensland companies in direct contact with key players in the Latin American mining sector. This supports the recently launched Queensland Trade and Investment Strategy 2017-2022 and $35 million funding available over five years aimed to take advantage of new opportunities around the world.
Five Queensland METS companies are attending Arminera:
- Diamond Grid: Beaudesert-based inventor and manufacturer of an interlocking grid to produces a multi-layer drainage system that reduces erosion and compaction.
- Ausenco – South Brisbane-based engineering and project management company that services the global resource and energy sectors.
- Sustainable Minerals Institute (SMI) – St Lucia-based leading research institute dedicated to finding knowledge-based solutions to the sustainability challenges of the global minerals industry.
- Dynamics G-EX – Sunshine Coast-based company that supplies a range of geological and exploration equipment nationally and internationally, particularly the world-renowned Discoverer Core Tray range of products.
- GroundProbe – Newmarket-based technology company behind slope stability radars, which enable mines to increase productivity, profitability and safety.
Trade & Investment Queensland is the Queensland Government’s global business agency for business trade and investment and can help your business expand globally, connect with TIQ today.