Applications for the 2018 Premier of Queensland’s Export Awards Program are invited from businesses and organisations that meet the criteria below.
- Earn foreign exchange.
- Have an ABN.
- There must be substantial (at least 50%) Australian ‘value add’ in the product or service the applicant seeks to export or deliver overseas, e.g. a product or service that contains significant Australian content; a product produced. manufactured or designed in Australia; a service or education program delivered from Australia or via Australia to an overseas location; or a product or service that contains a high-level Australian intellectual property or know how.
- Deliver net foreign returns to the Australian economy. The applicant must demonstrate ‘net return’ to Australia in terms of profit repatriation and creation of employment in Australia.
- Operate as a separate business if part of a larger organisation.
- Organisations must apply in the state/territory where their head office/most operations are established and may only apply in one state/territory export awards program.
- Organisations can enter in more than one category, but can only win one award.
- Organisations with a non-metropolitan head office may also enter the Regional Exporter Award.
- Winners from previous years are eligible to apply (with the exception of any inductees to the national Australian Export Awards Hall of Fame Award).
- Government agencies are not eligible. However, businesses that receive funding from the government are eligible to apply.
- State, territory and national export award sponsors are ineligible to apply.
- Applications containing inadequate financial details will not be accepted.
- The applicant must maintain appropriate business ethics and demonstrate a commitment to legal obligations, including anti-bribery laws, both in Australia and overseas markets.
- Entry is through the state and territory export awards programs; there will be no separate applications for the national Australian Export Awards. Winners of the state and territory export awards programs automatically progress to become Finalists in the national Australian Export Awards.
If you have any questions on eligibility, please contact Richelle Ward at the Export Council of Australia.