If you’re keen to expand into the Latin America market, register now for this unique METS business-matching program.
Opportunities in Antofagasta
Chile is a market with extraordinary potential for Queensland’s METS operators. In 2019, Chile’s copper mine production was an estimated 5.6 million metric tons of metal content – 28% of global production. Some of the country’s largest mines are in the Antofagasta region of northern Chile.
The Antofagasta Industry Association (AIA) is one of Latin America’s most prominent mining industry bodies. The AIA is committed to promoting industrial development and growth for the region’s socio-economic benefit and plays a key role in procuring services for its member mining companies.
Connect with this unique business-matching program
The 2020 Business Matching Program will introduce Queensland METS companies directly to potential clients and representatives in the Antofagasta market.
You will have the opportunity to:
- connect with the AIA as a key regional association, and understand more about procurement avenues in Chile
- promote your capabilities to interested businesses in the Antofagasta region
- talk directly with potential customers to discuss business opportunities.
Keen to take part? Register now for this unique program.
To take part in this unique business matching program, you will need to:
- Register for the upcoming webinar to introduce you to the Antofagasta market and to find out more about Queensland METS capabilities.
- Set up a profile on the Queensland METS Cluster group on Mighty Networks.
About the webinar
Webinar 2: Introducing Queensland METS
Date: Wednesday 12 August 2020
Time: 7.30am (AEST)
Join Trade and Investment Queensland’s Director for Mining, Resources and Energy, Anthony Christensen and Director for Business Development, Mining, Latin America, William Lilis as they share insights on Queensland’s METS capabilities. Anthony and William will be joined by:
- David Smirk from Phibion,
- Sam Whitehill from the Department of State Development, Tourism and Innovation,
- Jon Loraine from Core Resources, and
- Jacques Janse from Blast Movement Technologies.
This webinar is suitable for AIA members, and other Latin American mining companies and representatives. Queensland METS companies are also invited.REGISTER NOW
Setting up your profile on Mighty Networks
Mighty Networks is a platform that brings people together—a place to meet and learn from each other. Through this platform you will have the opportunity to meet others in the METS sector in both Antofagasta and Queensland to exchange ideas and uncover new ways to grow.
To participate in this business matching program, you will need to set up a profile on Mighty Networks, as this is where the networking, conversation, and business matching will occur.
To set up your Mighty Networks profile, click here.
If you have any further questions about the series or need assistance to set up your Mighty Networks profile, contact Howard or Brendan today.
Howard Hayes, TIQ Mackay
+61 7 4864 1701
+61 428 774 395
+61 417 625 745