In 2017–18, TIQ supported the Queensland Government’s objectives for the community in the following ways.
Creating jobs and a diverse economy
- Queensland Treasury estimates that about one in five Queensland jobs is supported by exports.
- In 2017–18, TIQ contributed to job creation by supporting the growth of Queensland’s export businesses to increase employment in the state, and by attracting vital investments to Queensland through our international network.
- TIQ also contributed to a diversified and innovative economy by providing support across the state’s key traditional and emerging industries.
Delivering quality frontline services
- In 2017–18, TIQ delivered responsive, high-quality and integrated export and investment services direct to Queensland’s business community and international buyers and investors.
- Clients received a range of services, including trade and investment facilitation, introduction to international buyers and investors, attendance at export workshops and participation in international trade and investment missions.
- TIQ also ran information sessions directly with Queensland businesses, in collaboration with industry partners across regional Queensland.
- In 2017–18, Queensland exporters expressed an overall satisfaction rate of 87% with the support they received from TIQ.
Building safe, caring and connected communities
- In 2017–18, TIQ supported the government’s vision of building Queensland’s regions and supporting Queensland’s regional business communities by providing locally relevant and responsive services through our regional network.
- Both the T&I Strategy and the IET Strategy have a strong regional focus, which helps drive local employment opportunities in regional Queensland.
TIQ is also supporting the government’s objectives detailed in Our Future State – Advancing Queensland’s Priorities. In particular, TIQ is supporting the objective to create jobs in a strong economy by:
- contributing to jobs by attracting vital investment to the state through our overseas network and our activities onshore and offshore
- supporting the growth of Queensland exporting businesses to increase jobs in the state and contribute to the dynamism of the Queensland economy
- contributing to a diversified and innovative economy by providing support across our key established sectors as well as for emerging industries
- delivering responsive and quality integrated export and investment services to Queensland’s business community and international buyers and investors, and working on streamlining the whole-of-government offering to these clients
- supporting Queensland’s regional communities by providing locally relevant and responsive services through our regional network and upskilling regional export and investment capabilities through targeted programs.