TIQ helps Queensland businesses and stakeholders by identifying trade and investment opportunities and providing support, training and advice.
Trade and investment services include:
- providing timely, high-quality advice to Queensland Government stakeholders on trade and investment policy development, coordination and implementation and other trade and investment matters
- creating awareness within the Queensland business community of export and investment opportunities
- identifying Queensland companies that have an internationally competitive export or investment offering
- promoting Queensland exporters and investment opportunities to potential customers through our global network
- providing market, sector and general business intelligence to clients to help them progress their international business dealings.
Performance is reported against six measures, four of these via client and stakeholder satisfaction surveys. The ‘Cost per export lead’ and ‘Cost per investment lead’ measures report on the agency’s efficiency and highlight the average cost of promoting a commercial export or investment opportunity.
|Trade and Investment Queensland||Notes||2017–18|
Trade and Investment services
|Overall client satisfaction with advice and/or support provided to a Queensland organisation seeking to export a good or service||2||75%||87%||75%|
|Overall client satisfaction of investment clients assisted by TIQ||2||75%||89%||75%|
|Proportion of clients assisted by TIQ who report at least moderate progress in their international business dealings||3||75%||72%||75%|
|Overall government stakeholder satisfaction with advice and support on intergovernmental issues in trade and investment promotion||4||75%||82%||75%|
|Cost per export lead||5||$5,600||$5,750||$5,600|
|Cost per investment lead||6||$19,700||$21,000||$19,700|
- This service area combines the ‘Policy advice and coordination’ and ‘Trade and investment facilitation’ service areas presented in the 2017–18 Service Delivery Statements.
- This service standard provides an overall satisfaction level informed by the quality, timeliness and support provided by TIQ and is derived from client surveys. Responses relate to an averaged overall score on a 1–5 scale, (1 = very dissatisfied, 2 = dissatisfied, 3 = neutral, 4 = moderately satisfied, 5 = very satisfied), with the raw score converted to a percentage.
- This measure reports the percentage of clients who say TIQ has helped them to progress their international business dealings either moderately or significantly. Performance is based on the percentage of responses which scored either a moderate assistance or significant assistance (either 4 or 5 on a 1–5 scale where 1 = no assistance, 2 = limited assistance, 3 = neutral, 4 = moderate assistance, 5 = significant assistance).
- This service standard was previously in the ‘Policy advice and coordination’ service area. This service standard informs on overall satisfaction levels with the quality, timeliness and support provided by TIQ and is derived from an annual client survey. Government stakeholders include Queensland Government Ministers, directors-general and their agencies. Responses relate to an averaged overall score on a 1–5 scale, (1= very dissatisfied, 2 = dissatisfied, 3 = neutral, 4 = moderately satisfied, 5 = very satisfied), with the raw score converted to a percentage.
- This measure represents costs associated with TIQ’s facilitation of export opportunities for Queensland companies. Calculation of performance is based on costs of salaries and discretionary budget of business-facing teams that facilitate export opportunities for Queensland businesses, divided by the number of export opportunities created.
- This measure represents costs associated with TIQ’s facilitation of investment opportunities for foreign investors. Calculation of performance is based on costs of salaries and discretionary budget of business-facing teams that facilitate investment opportunities for Queensland, divided by the number of investment opportunities created.