The Exporter Market Engagement Program gives Queensland exporters an opportunity to travel, when possible, to their targeted export markets to do market research and make new business connections.
It is a TIQ initiative under Advancing Trade and Investment – Queensland Trade and Investment Strategy 2017–2022.
Applications for the program will reopen in 2020. Register for updates.
These guidelines include information on
- the program
- how to apply
- your obligations as a participant if selected, including project planning and reporting.
The program will provide access to market knowledge, international networks and government resources to tailor your product or service development and potentially increase your export sales.
- a $7,000 contributory fund to undertake export development activity in market
- cost-effective, targeted and tailored market engagement
- valuable insights into growing markets
- increased international market exposure for your business
- direct access to the Queensland Government’s extensive range of services and networks.
The applicant is responsible for all costs incurred in travelling to market and in getting their products to the TIQ overseas office. This includes flights, visas, insurance, accommodation, meals and on-ground transport arrangements for the SME staff. TIQ will provide some funds to offset these costs.
The TIQ overseas office will also provide support and guidance and will arrange an in-market program for the SME employee’s visit.
To qualify, you must:
- have a trading history of a minimum of three years and be deemed export ready by TIQ
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have fewer than 200 employees
- have Queensland headquarters or significant Queensland operations.
Applications are currently closed, but if you register your interest we will update you when they reopen.
For more information phone (07) 3514 3022 or email email@example.com.