Pitch your expertise in deep-tech and strategic market interest directly to Japan’s leading corporations virtually this February.
TIQ will lead its second virtual mission to the Innovation Leaders Summit (ILS) from 1–18 February 2022 and we’re looking for up to 10 Queensland companies to join us.
ILS is Asia’s largest open innovation event connecting major Japanese corporations with international startups through facilitated 1-on-1 business matching meetings.
Companies in deep-tech fields such as AI, image recognition and industrial robots continue to be in high demand during the summit.
We encourage innovative Queensland scaleups with deep-tech capability in fields listed below to submit an expression of interest by 6.00pm Friday 1 October 2021:
- artificial intelligence (including those with applications across multiple industry segments)
- big data, data analytics and data visualization
- immersive technologies (AR/VR)
- internet of things and smart devices
- sensors, drones and robotics.
Participants in ILS 2022 will:
- join ILS Power Matching, a live business matching event featuring 1-on-1 meetings with Japanese corporations and venture capital firms
- apply to join the ILS Tokyo Challenge 100, an additional business matching opportunity with select major corporations
- receive tailored pitch support, market preparation guidance and advice, translation services, business development assistance, and other in-kind services (valued at approximately $5,000 per company)
- participate in virtual lead up sessions with partners in preparation for ILS 2022
- September – November 2021
- select and nominate companies for virtual mission
- complete ILS company profiles
- November 2021 – January 2022
- review Japanese corporate profiles and submit requests
- review and accept meeting requests from Japanese corporates
- January – February 2022
- business matching meetings confirmed
- prepare for and undertake meetings
Expressions of interest close 6.00pm Friday 1 October 2021.
Participation in ILS is by invitation only and up to 10 companies will be selected to join the virtual mission.Submit expression of interest
Companies will be selected based on:
- market fit – product or service has relevance to and demand in the Japanese market and ILS platform
- value proposition – clearly defined value proposition for corporate investors or partners
- existing market traction and sales – including existing sales, returning customers, a growing customer base, funding, investors and partners
- ambition and readiness – clearly defined business objectives for Japan and resources to achieve projected growth
- international scalability – ability to service the Japan market and deliver solutions quickly to a growing customer base.
Prior experience in Japan is not a pre-requisite, however companies are expected to have a strategic market interest in Japan.
Consulting and or professional services firms and publicly listed firms are not eligible for this program.
|Date||Tuesday 1 – Friday 18 February 2022|
|Location||Online and Tokyo, Japan|
|Cost||nil – participation valued at approximately $5,000 per company|
Expression of interestSubmit expression of interest
Amanda Russell, email@example.com
+61 7 3514 3021