China’s consistent demand for high quality agricultural and food products will continue to grow and it is predicted food consumption in China will increase 104% by 2050.
Queensland has 152 million hectares of land used for primary production, more than any other Australian state, and exported $8.7 billion of rural commodities in 2017–18.
Queensland is uniquely positioned to capitalise on China’s increasing demand for safe and premium food products but in order to benefit from this burgeoning opportunity, exporters must become increasingly sophisticated regional players and investors must develop a better understanding of opportunities in this sector.
The ACBC QLD Australia-China Food & Agribusiness Forum will bring together a range of experts including senior government representatives, business leaders, exporters, investors and advisors.
Speakers will impart critical insights into the latest food and agribusiness trends and how businesses can best commercialise all levels of partnerships and take advantage of opportunities in this sector.
The forum will also address the deal making process, key issues facing exporters and investors and how to execute these opportunities. This will be a unique platform to network with other enterprises seeking opportunities for growth and collaboration.
- Agriculture 4.0 – Innovation across the Australian food supply chain
- Best business model – is there just one?
- Getting your agribusiness deal done – learn all the key steps
- Looking beyond – industry insights from Australia’s largest agricultural lender NAB
- Emerging trends in growth capital for mid-market businesses
- Smart money in agribusiness: where to find it & how to invest it
- Vertically integrated businesses in the value chain
- AgTech innovations and emerging disruptors
- Export journey to China – success & war stories
- Lift your game – how to engage Chinese middle-class consumers
- Karen Caston, Senior Investment Specialist, Agribusiness and Food, Austrade
- NAB, TBC
- Brian Healey, Global Co-Chairperson and Partner, Food and Agribusiness, K&L Gates
- Hamish Doley, Lead Partner, Enterprise Agri, Food & Beverage, KPMG
- Isaac Huang, Executive Manager, Baby Nutrition Care ANZ, H&H Group
- Eric Yu, Business Development Manager China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Sirromet Wines
- State Government Representatives
- Australian and Chinese high-profile business leaders
|Date||Friday 24 May 2019|
|Location||Level 17, 259 Queen Street
BRISBANE QLD 4000
|Time||7.30am registration for 8.00am–1.00pm (including morning tea and lunch)|
|Cost||Members: $125 (+GST and booking fees)
Member Table of 10: $1200 (+GST and booking fees)
Non-Members: $185 (+GST and booking fees)
- Strengthen your industry knowledge with the latest market intelligence
- Learn how to develop your brand in China
- Gain insights from industry pioneers and leading-edge advisors
- Take away proven export and investment strategies
- Network with other enterprises seeking partnerships in your sector