(this event has expired)
Want to learn more about the latest hydrogen developments and opportunities in Queensland, Australia?
Jointly hosted by FME, Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ) and the Netherlands chapter of Australian Business in Europe, this webinar will feature:
- Speaker: Professor Ian MacKinnon, Hydrogen Strategy Adviser to the Queensland Government, Professor, Queensland University of Technology, and
- Chaired by: Rogier Blokdijk, Manager for Hydrogen, FME.
Worldwide, the hydrogen sector is experiencing unprecedented momentum. Governments and corporates are coming together around policies, plans and projects designed to advance hydrogen research and commercialisation.
Key players are working across national borders to create exciting collaborations, particularly in the area of green hydrogen. This interest is well founded. Hydrogen has great potential to overcome some of the world’s most difficult energy challenges by:
- integrating more renewables – including by enhancing storage options and tapping their full potential
- decarbonising hard-to-abate sectors – such as steel, chemicals, trucks, ships and planes
- enhancing energy security – by diversifying the fuel mix and providing flexibility to balance grids.
Energy diversification and decarbonisation are now priorities in both the Netherlands and Australia.
- FME members will hear about the Queensland Government’s Hydrogen Industry Strategy, its green hydrogen pilot projects and research collaborations, and potential opportunities for you in Queensland and other Australian locations.
- Queensland operators will learn more about potential partnerships with the Netherlands.
|Date||Wednesday 7 October 2020|
|Time||10.00am (Amsterdam time) / 6.00pm (AEST)|
Registration and more information
To register and learn more about the Investing in a hydrogen future series, contact Pauline Shearman.