Queensland exporters can now apply to the 2020 round of the Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) scheme, which reimburses eligible exporters for a percentage of their promotional costs in overseas markets.
Exporters can apply for reimbursement of costs incurred in the 2019–2020 financial year.
This year the scheme has received an extra $49.8 million in funding to help businesses deal with expenses caused by COVID-19, including the cost of promotional events cancelled due to circumstances beyond a business’s control.
Applicants to EMDG must have:
- income of less than $50 million in the grant year
- incurred at least $15,000 of eligible expenses in the grant year (first-time applicants can combine two years’ expenses).
They must also have promoted one of the following:
- export of goods or most services
- inbound tourism
- export of intellectual property and know-how
- conferences and events held in Australia.
Successful applicants can receive up to 50% reimbursement of eligible expenses, less the first $5,000, with a maximum grant of $150,000 per application.
Eligible expenses include the cost of:
- overseas representation
- marketing consultants and visits
- trade fairs, seminars and in-store promotions
- promotional literature and advertising
- product samples
- bringing potential buyers to Australia
- registration and insurance of eligible intellectual property.
See Austrade’s EMDG webpage for more information. Applications close 30 November 2020.
The Queensland Government is also offering a range of grants and assistance to businesses affected by COVID-19. Visit the COVID-19 business assistance finder for more information.