Skilled workforce and innovative culture
In Queensland, we know that the best people lead to the best investments. Draw upon Queensland’s skilled, educated, and multilingual workforce to deliver your project – and boost your bottom line.
If you’re looking to attract top talent, we can help with that too. Many of the world’s best and brightest are relocating to Queensland, lured by our magnificent natural environment and affordable, relaxed lifestyle.
- “Knowledge corridor” with dozens of innovation-led businesses and institutes
- 12 research-focused universities, with four (4) in the world’s top 250
- Regional clusters of exceptional talent in areas like marine industries, defence, and clean agriculture
- Recognised by the World Bank as a global innovation hotspot
Specialist regional clusters
Queensland is keeping pace with the worldwide demand from emerging industries. Our specialist work-forces and facilities tend to focus in regional clusters of specialisation. Examples include:
- Cairns – Tropical expertise and marine industries
- Townsville – Defence
- Ipswich – Defence and aerospace
- Toowoomba – Clean, green agriculture
- Gold Coast – Creative industries and entertainment (including international film industry)
Research conducted in 2021 provides further details about the location of industries and talent across the seven Queensland 'talent' regions. Click below to read more.