Australian Ecomarine was established in February 2017 to continue the strategy of a small start-up business that began in 2011.
Ecomarine is currently in the final stocking stages of its 70 tonnes per annum Recirculating Aquaculture System (RAS) Grow-Out.
This is stocked with Giant Grouper for live fish sales to the local and export market.
Ecomarine’s new hatchery has started the life cycle program for Flowery Cod.
Ecomarine has wholesale customers in Brisbane and Sydney with expansion plans for Melbourne.
Exporting the fish is targeted to start in August 2018.
Ecomarine’s current single product line is Live Giant Grouper.
Through its RAS Grow-Out the company is sustainably growing premium Australian Giant Grouper (protected in wild) in an environment that has the following benefits:
- natural products only (no antibiotics, no hormones)
- very low environmental impact
- close to no discharge
- protection of the oceans
- strict quality controls
- fish feel safe
- water chemistry in close to perfect conditions
- parasite free environment
- minimal discharge to environment
- three times more efficient than standard RAS systems
- no generation of environmental influences in the system (eg algae)