TIQ delivered 206 export deals worth $87.6 million and helped to attract 20 international investments worth $554.3 million last financial year, as well as expanding Queensland’s trade presence overseas.
These and many other achievements from the past 12 months are showcased in the 2018–19 TIQ annual report, which was tabled in Queensland Parliament recently.
Other highlights of the year included:
- hosting 54 international inbound delegations to South East Queensland and regional locations
- arranging 15 Minister-led overseas missions (including 3 by the Premier) and 3 official visits by the Queensland Governor
- providing 911 Queensland businesses with export services, including 335 clients in regional Queensland
- building the trade and investment capability of 489 businesses through 40 training workshops in 15 regional locations across Queensland
- nominating 598 international business migrants under TIQ’s Business and Skilled Migration
TIQ continued to strengthen Queensland’s international presence in North America by opening two new offices in San Francisco and New York.
The annual report also documents TIQ’s continued progress in implementing 2 of its major strategies: the Advancing Trade and Investment — Queensland Trade and Investment Strategy 2017–2022 and the International Education and Training Strategy to Advance Queensland 2016–2026.
If you would like a print copy of the annual report, please email email@example.com.