With a resilient and diverse economy, pro-business government, solid growth forecast, highly skilled workforce and a strategic Asia-Pacific location, Queensland offers international investors endless opportunities across a range of sectors.
Why Invest In Queensland?
Queensland has many natural, economic and structural advantages.
Snapshot of Queensland
Source: *Australian Bureau of Statistics.
- Capital city: Brisbane
- Queensland time zone: GMT +10:00
- Climate: Sub-tropical
- Summer: 20 to 29°C
- Winter: 9 to 22°C
- Coastline: 6973 kilometres
- Total Area: 1.734 million km
- Queensland: 4.69 million*
- Greater Brisbane: 2.24 million*
- Official language: English
- Currency: Australian dollars (AUD$)
- International airports: Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville, Gold Coast
- Reasons to Invest in Queensland (summary) [PDF, 1MB]
- Reasons to Invest in Queensland (extensive version) [PDF, 12.6MB]
- Investment Opportunities for Queensland’s Natural Resources [PDF, 1.73MB]
- Infrastructure Investment Opportunities in Queensland [PDF, 1.9MB]
- Investing in Queensland’s Bio-industries [PDF, 3.7MB]
- Investment Opportunities in Queensland Life Science [PDF, 1.8MB]