(this event has expired)
Are you a seasoned Queensland company in the innovation and digital sectors looking for scale-up or the next stage of growth via international partnerships with Japan?
September’s Market Connect virtual forum provides a chance to hear from a local cyber security technology company, along with market and industry experts on the changing dynamics of the Japanese innovation sector, especially at this turbulent time.
The panel will talk to insights on entering the Japanese market, attracting investment and exploring export with Japan.
You’ll hear from:
- Jamie Wilson, Founder and Executive Chairman, Cryptoloc Technology
- John Kojiro Moriwaka, CEO of Silicon Valley Ventures, Executive Vice President & CIO of Moriwaka Medical
- Tak Adachi, Queensland Trade and Investment Commissioner, Japan
- Brian Ruddle, Managing Director, Impact Innovation
Following the panel discussion, attendees will participate in a breakout room session to network and further understand the opportunities that lie within Japan’s startup and innovation landscape.
Market Connect – Japan
The opportunities for Queensland startups in Japan are increasing and Japan Inc are working to source the excellent growth opportunities via open innovation with domestic and international business.
According to BTrax, since 2013, Japanese venture capitalist (VC) investments for domestic businesses have grown multiple times larger and, in 2018, the total amount of VC investments was more than $3.5 billion. In 2019, according to Bloomberg, Japan Inc.’s cash reserves amounted to A$6.8 trillion, serving as a buffer during the COVID-19 pandemic and increasing the demand for digital transformation in Japan.
Recent examples include:
- Toyo Kanetsu’s corporate venture capital has invested in a Qld based robotics firm Lyro Robotics an Agtech startup, assisted by TIQ
- Yamaha Motor’s global arm has invested $11 million into the Yield, an Australian agritech firm.
- TIQ has attracted SoftBank’s robotics arm to Brisbane to explore opportunities in robotics, IoT and A.I
TIQ also participates in the Innovation Leaders Summit, Asia’s largest innovation-focused business matching event by leading a Queensland delegation every year. An Expressions of interest application for the 2021 Virtual Mission has recently opened, applications close 30 September 2020, learn more here.
|Date||Thursday 24 September 2020|
|Location||Zoom virtual online meeting
(A free Zoom account will be required to attend this event; meeting link will be forwarded following registration)
Please note: This workshop is focused on the exchange of information and collaboration between seasoned entrepreneurs and market ready companies. Therefore TIQ will only accept registrations from businesses that are assessed as being at the requisite levels of export or investment maturity.
For further information please contact Sharyn Byrnes at firstname.lastname@example.org