Trade and Investment Queensland’s (TIQ) New Market eCommerce Program is designed to provide Queensland exporters with grant funding to enhance their eCommerce presence in a new international market to drive online sales.
Small to medium sized enterprises are encouraged to apply for funding to assist with the eligible project costs of successfully marketing an eCommerce presence in a new international market.
The program offers between $10,000 and $15,000 (ex GST) in matched funding.
The program’s core objectives are to assist Queensland businesses with an internationally competitive offering, by developing capability, providing market intelligence, accessing networks, and making valuable connections.
In this program, the focus will be on TIQ Priority markets listed below:
- Greater China
- UK / Europe
- South Asia
- Latin America
- Middle East / North Africa
- The Pacific Islands
- North America
To be eligible to apply for the grant the applicant organisation must:
- Have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- Be headquartered in Queensland
- Submit only one application per eligible business or financial beneficiary under each round
- Have fully acquitted any grant they have previously received from TIQ
- Be a company incorporated in Australia or be an incorporated trustee applying on behalf of a trust
- Have no more than 200 full-time-equivalent employees and not be a subsidiary of a group of companies that has 200 or more full-time-equivalent employees in total
- Have a trading history of more than three years as at 1 February 2024
- Have a project capable of being completed and delivering export outcomes within 12 months
- Be seeking to export to a new international market not previously exported to via an eCommerce platform
- Provide evidence of your ability to meet the cash contribution to the project for each eligible project costs
- Produce and export Queensland products and not act as a consolidator or distributor of Queensland, other domestic or imported products
- Provide a TIQ-endorsed eCommerce Market Identification Certificate confirming the market suitability for your product, signed by a TIQ international representative
How to apply
Read the Application Guide for detailed guidance on addressing the Assessment Criteria.
Apply online via the portal.
Applications open Monday 5th February and close at 1:00 PM on Friday 8 March 2024.