Areas of focus include:
evidence of sustainable competitive advantage
export success and growth potential
leadership and innovation in international business and marketing strategies
commitment to diversity, inclusion, sustainability and/or positive social impact
value and contribution of exports to business expansion
overall commitment to growth in international business.
Section 1: Business details
Section 2: National award category selection
Section 3: Introduce your company
Section 4: About your business and product/service (25% weighting)
- 4.1-4.2 Criteria
- Assess the viability of the business, including its product/service and unique value proposition, recent milestones and exports/international successes in the current year.
Section 8: Criteria for e-Commerce category
- What are the innovative online practices/strategies the applicant has implemented to maximise their reach overseas (look for innovation in platforms, tools used and customer engagement).
Sections: 5 to 17
- Assess the business’s activities against the selected national category they have applied in. Do these activities clearly reflect and effectively demonstrate leadership and innovation in the selected industry sector?
Section 18: International business marketing strategy (40% weighting)
- 18.1 Criteria: Quality of business and marketing strategy taking into consideration scope of the applicant's international competitive advantage.
- 18.2 Criteria: Value or impact of any diversity and inclusion, sustainability and/or social impact strategies the applicant implemented in their business.
- 18.3-18.4 Criteria: Assess the level and sustainability of international revenue considering:
- Exports as a proportion of total sales revenue.
- Export value, and year-to-year percentage change in value, over the last three years or since the applicant commenced exporting.
- Total export earnings from major overseas markets, and diversity of export markets.
Section 19: Business management (25% weighting)
- 19.1 Criteria: Assess how/if the business’s employment figures and human resources strategies support export growth.
- 19.3 Criteria: Assess the structure of the business’s export/international operations, their systems to effectively respond to international sales and whether the business is appropriately resourced for export expansion.
- 19.4-19.9 Criteria: Soundness of financial strategy for international business. Look for examples of a sound capital base (substantial net profit) and sufficient capital (cash and resources) to support export activity. Do they support the applicant's international plans for the coming year (e.g. new markets, additional staff, different marketing strategies).
Section 20: International business planning and direction (10% weighting)
- 20.1 Criteria: Assess evidence of effective measures and business commitment to international business growth.