Queensland has advantages that make it an ideal trading and investment partner, and an ideal environment to establish your new business or Asia-Pacific headquarters.
- a resilient and stable economy underpinned by strong economic growth, which has exceeded Australia’s national average growth rate for the past 2 decades
- proximity to the Asia-Pacific region, home to some of the world’s fastest growing markets
- stable government and institutions
- a business-friendly regulatory environment, including Australia’s lowest rate of payroll tax, competitive labour costs, streamlined development approvals, project facilitation processes, and strong private-sector investment
- reliable and efficient infrastructure, including 6 international airports, nearly 200 regional airports, 20 ports along the coastline, and 8,250km of railway
- a skilled, multilingual workforce
- a good quality of life, with a world-class educational system and advanced health services
- a range of government strategies, initiatives and incentives to encourage trade and investment in traditional and emerging industry sectors.
Current priority sectors for trade and investment between Queensland and the UK/Europe include:
- processed food
- transport and logistics
- coal and LNG
- education and training
- mining and resources
- advanced manufacturing
- digital technologies
- construction and infrastructure
- life sciences
- emerging and creative industries.