South West Queensland is known for fine wines, fresh produce and stunning wildflowers. The region covers nearly 400,000 km2, stretching from the Great Dividing Range to the South Australian border.
There are three distinct subregions:
- Darling Downs
- South West
South West Queensland and the Darling Downs produces around a third of Queensland’s agricultural output and is a major area for cotton and beef. Mining, construction, manufacturing, health care and transport are all large employers in the South West and the Darling Downs.
- Toowomba’s second range crossing – 41 km of road
- New Acland coal mine expansion (35 km north west of Toowoomba)
- BOC Chinchilla micro-LNG plant
- Wandoan Elimatta Project
- SunState GTL Project GTL plant
- Charlton Wellcamp – Business park incorporating the Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport