aQtivate is a Trade and Investment Queensland initiative offering support for international companies to invest and launch in Queensland. Trade and Investment Queensland will assist in facilitating physical desk or office space, initial business support services and introductions to assist companies establish themselves in Queensland to service the Australian and wider Asia-Pacific market.
aQtivate offers businesses:
- Short term desk or office space in The Precinct – Queensland’s dedicated innovation cooperative workspace located in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley. The Precincts brings together Queensland start ups, accelerators, incubators, investors and mentors under the one roof*
- Initial meetings with experts to share requirements and processes for establishing a company in Queensland, including issues regarding accounting, visas, establishing a bank account, legal, and hiring
- Trade and Investment Queensland will provide an introduction to Go1, offering free compliance training for your Australian based staff to assist you with meeting relevant compliance requirements for conducting business in Australia
- Access to events and activities within the Queensland entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Dedicated support from Queensland Government agencies, such as Trade and Investment Queensland, The Department of State Development, Tourism and Innovation, and the Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur
- Facilitated introductions with local partners, government stakeholders, industry and trade organisations, chambers of commerce, accelerators, other leading Queensland based companies, and innovation ecosystem thought leaders that can provide advice and insight into market strategy
Who aQtivate is for
- aQtivate is for fast-growing global scale-ups and innovative tech companies who are committed to establishing a presence in Australia. Companies should have a demonstrated expansion-focused funding source and an ongoing relationship with Trade and Investment Queensland.
- aQtivate is free of charge and offered to pre-qualified businesses by Trade and Investment Queensland.
The Precinct brings together emerging innovators and entrepreneurs to help foster collaboration.
Current tenants include:
- CSIRO Data 61
- Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
- eHealth Queensland
- Queensland AI Hub
- River City Labs
- Queensland University of Technology
- University of Queensland ilab
For more information please contact your Trade and Investment Commissioner.
* subject to the discretion of Trade and Investment Queensland and availability of desk space at The Precinct.
aQtivate Application Form
Independent track – A short-term option for companies that have existing connections in the market, and are primarily seeking temporary office space to progress the establishment of their operations in Queensland. Minimal on-boarding, and limited meeting support required. Trade and Investment Queensland and affiliated partners will provide support as required.
Activate Track – Designed for companies new to Queensland and Australian markets. May need more dedicated support in the form of guidance, information, legal and tax advisory, business introductions, and other services from Trade and Investment Queensland and local partner organisations.