Queensland – Australia’s space coast
Generating A$1.26 billion and growing at a rate of 7 per cent per year, Queensland’s space industry is becoming recognised as a leading centre in Australasia for launch activities, ground systems, Earth observation, and niche manufacturing.
Connect with Queensland’s global business agency
Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ) can help connect you to opportunities in Queensland. Contact us now to connect with Trade and Investment Queensland space sector specialists.
Queensland’s strategic location, world-class expertise, leading R&D capabilities and thriving space ecosystem offers opportunities unlike anywhere else in the world.
How Queensland is leading Australia:
- Largest concentration of space launch vehicle developers and Earth observation data analytics capability
- Australia’s only civil hypersonic and static rocket engine simulation and testing facilities
- Civil sub-orbital launch and test facility
- First state-based pioneering strategy on unmanned aerial systems
- A focus on next-generation aerospace transport technologies.
Queensland’s expertise can help you launch into new frontiers:
- Advanced space manufacturing expertise
- World-leading hypersonic research at the University of Queensland and Australia’s first ‘lunar test bed’ at the Queensland University of Technology
- Dedicated exoplanet observation facility at Mount Kent Observatory that conducts frontline research into stellar magnetic activity and holds collaborative partnerships with global research institutions and space agencies.