With a resilient and diverse economy, pro-business government, solid growth forecast, highly skilled workforce and a strategic Asia-Pacific location, Queensland offers international investors endless opportunities across a range of sectors.
Why Invest In Queensland?
Queensland has many natural, economic and structural advantages.
Snapshot of Queensland
Source: *Australian Bureau of Statistics.
- Capital city: Brisbane
- Queensland time zone: GMT +10:00
- Climate: Subtropical
- Summer: 20 to 29°C
- Winter: 9 to 22°C
- Coastline: 6,973km
- Total Area: 1.734 million km2
- Queensland: 5.1 million*
- Greater Brisbane: 2.5 million*
- Official language: English
- Currency: Australian dollars (AUD$)
- International airports: Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville, Toowoomba, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast